Sorcery, Sunshine and Shakespeare

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I have been a huge fan of MPO since the beginning of this sem. I watched one of their performances last month (Triumph out of adversity). It was okay and I got more than I expected. The sound and visual effects were awesome. Despite of getting a RM40 seat for RM15, I was still unable to see all the brass and percussions. But overall it was awesome :)
I really really want to watch the performance this coming sunday. Initially I was quite sad as I need to replace one of my friend's shift to work at the library (am a part time librarian. ^_^), but life has been nice to me. The library will be closing due to some electrical maintenance issue. YAY!

I REALLY wish to go for this one.  ;)
Hopefully I can get a seat. A good one with student price ;)


:)

Here are two of the three pieces that will be played during the performance. The third performance would be an exerpt from romeo and juliet (MPO usually keep the best for last so they can give you a BLAST right before they end).




Paul Abraham Dukas - The Sorcerer's Apprentice 01








Paul Abraham Dukas - The Sorcerer's Apprentice 02






Saint-Saëns: Piano Concerto No.5 ('Egyptian') / Zilberstein · Crudele (part 1)


Saint-Saëns: Piano Concerto No.5 ('Egyptian') / Zilberstein · Crudele (part 2)





Saint-Saëns: Piano Concerto No.5 ('Egyptian') / Zilberstein · Crudele (part 3)




Saint-Saëns: Piano Concerto No.5 ('Egyptian') / Zilberstein · Crudele (part 4)


So people, what are you waiting for? GRAB A SEAT!! ^_________^

2 comments:

sons said...

Nice......

Anonymous said...

great blog! my goals for this year is to have better time management and to workout more.http://corderroearls.blogspot.com/

 
Design by Pocket