Somehow

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Somehow, I am actually glad tat i didn't get JPA.
The course I applied for was german engineering, as I merely wanted something that was easy to get and study.

Alright, let's say if I got straight 1As and got any course I want.
I would never put medicine in my application as I thought I wanted a life like my brother's.

My siblings really influenced me a lot. My parents even more. Part of the reason I didn't want medicine when I was in secondary school was because my parents tried to instill the passion for medicine in me, somehow. They sort of encourage medicine even before my pre-u. I still remember my dad mentioning something about sending me for SAM right after SPM and study medicine in IMU. But it was just a random conversation.

I realised what kind of life I want after going through many phases of life. At first I thought that I am the kind who enjoys the spotlight and loves fame, glams, and want to be rich. When I was in form2 I wanted to be a businesswoman. haha. After that I thought of doing engineering, get a degree in MBA and own a very big company. I sort of plan out my life beforehand. Those were thoughts that motivated me a lot. Being successful and influential.

Back then I had friends who were really inspired that he/she wanted to be a doctor. The more inspired they got, the more I felt : i do not want to follow them. I want to be different. Why must everyone's ambition be doctor or pharmacy? I will be different!

But now, here I am. Having the same dream as more than 70% of all my friends. Yup. I had been through a lot. Things changed. And I am glad that I was given the chance to rise up after falling down many many times. But come to think of it, if I can get whatever I want that easily, I wouldn't be able to appreciate all the things I am studying now. And all the people I met would have been so different. I am glad that the friends I have around me who are not like the typical medical students from other medical universities. They study, they play, they laugh, they love, and most importantly, they share. ^____^ They just make my stressful life less stressful. :)

-The end-

^_________^

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

i must admit i was kind of surprised when i heard that u were switching to medicine from engineering... but i'm glad that you found out your true interest in time and took the steps to pursue it. all the best!! =)

Anonymous said...

I'm not gonna be studying medicine!! Lol... Whatever it is that you choose to study, just make sure that you enjoy it!

Queenie said...

Oh... That was me, Queenie. Not anonymous

Caryn said...

all d best o~~

 
Design by Pocket