If your hospital reject those who couldn't pay for the cost, it should be renamed "Hospital for the RICH".
If your hospital reject those who are terminally ill and might not have much chance of surviving, it should be renamed "Hospital for the HEALTHY".
If your hospital likes to run all sorts of tests of patient in order to earn their money, it should be renamed "Hospital for those-who-love-test".
I am very saddened by the fact that some of Malaysian private hospital actually do those things stated above. As a doctor, how could you reject a patient if you know you can actually save him or make him feel better? How could you let a patient wait for death to come? ARE YOU SURE YOU HAD TRIED YOUR BEST? You should be ashamed of yourself. Life and death is no joking issue. People give you their hope and this is how you destroy their hope. Terminally ill patients don't have much time and they use the last few hours of their life to seek your help. If you could just extend their lives by even one hour or one minute, I would say it's still worthwhile. Not just because their families and loved ones would thank you. This is something you should do. The oath that we all take upon entering med school. Perhaps some doctors had seen people dying too often that they are used to it, and they feel that there's no point delaying it. This is the only thing that I could come up with after I try to think in their shoes.
All doctors should treat patients the way they would treat their mothers. Give them the best.
I am glad that I am able to see, think and learn about the compassion and attitude a doctor should have while studying this very hard course. I know what kind of doctor I want to be, and I hope that I can achieve that in the future. I am actually worried for medical students who couldn't see what I am seeing now and feel what I am feeling now. What kind of doctor would they become? If you lack the most basic skill of feeling for your patients and their families, then all the knowledge you learnt in med school is as good as gone. (imagine. ALL, anatomy physiology pharmaco microbiology pathology....... down the drain.)
iT'S juST SAD!
(THANKFULLY, WE STILL HAVE GOVERNMENT HOSPITAL. Although some may say gov hospital are of inferior standards, at least they never reject patients.)
TO all med student. PLEASE be a good doctor. The world begs you for doing that. If you can't, then don't be a doctor at all. You are risking people's life. IT'S SERIOUS and DEADLY! On top of that, study hard as the more you study, the better you become.
TO EVERYONE : BE A GOOD LEARNER. BE A GOOD PERSON.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment