I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the message my teacher sent to me.
"Congratulations. You passed your exam with 118."
WHAT?? ARE YOU SERIOUS??
I called my teacher to confirm, jumped on my bed and screamed. YES!!!!
although it is only a pass, but I am extremely . I thought I will fail the exam. A pass was a surprise as I have very little practice. (I only practice a few days consecutively before the exam, didn't even touch piano for the entire month before that..)
However, I firmly believe that grade 8 is not the end. I must not stop here.
I promise myself to find a piano teacher when I enter university. I must complete my theory and continue my practical.
Many people asked me what is the purpose I learnt piano. I believe the same applies to almost everyone who plays piano. What is the purpose of taking those expensive exams?? What is the use?
Initially, I learnt piano because all my siblings did.
I thought of quitting more than 10 times. But after hearing how regretful my sister is for not continueing her piano lessons when she had the chance, I decided to continue.
Learning piano is not just about showing off. It's not about wealth or intelligence. It's not about proving to others that "yeah I can play piano and you cant".
It's about loving music. Finding beauty in everything we hear. Appreciating what was left behind ages and ages ago.
It's also about appreciating what we have in life.
It's amazing how those little notes and key combine and produce wonderful melodies. Each of them may look small and unimportant, but in reality, all are significant. Even the wrong placement of fingers on notes could be deadly.
ok la. that's all.
matriks life is still great for me. :)
by the way, "music- an appreciation" is the title of a book I received for my meriting my g6 theory in year 2006. Still haven read it. Will do so after Matriks. hahahahaha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
haha.. yalo.. yalo... i so 羡慕 u ler... congrates!
lolz. congrats.
should continue =)
i'm finding a piano teacher too..
very well done kai xin. Proud of you!
woo sound so serious.. n congrats!
gratz,haha.
i get 117~~!!!
congrats! Miss u roommate!
i also.. i have that feeling yesterday.. sudenly very miss u too! T.T
Post a Comment